8.15.2012

My take on the CFA drama...

So, everyone has their opinions, and many have provided their two cents. I figured, maybe I could too. Here goes:

What if "tolerance" wasn't just a word that sounded good to throw around at a whim, but in fact did not get put into practice? What if a Christian owner of a popular establishment was asked his beliefs and answered honestly, using no hate speech? What if that same individual wasn't labeled discriminatory because of his response? What if instead of labeling all Christians as bigots, people actually respected our beliefs?

I guess we Christians don't understand what it's like. I mean, we are so widely accepted. We are never called derogatory names or made fun of for believing the Bible, which to some is just an outdated book that has no relevance. That wouldn't happen though, right? Because if it did, the same principle of "tolerance" that you demand for yourself would be taken away from us. You would be doing to Christians what you claim credits you as a victim.

You may categorize me as a hate filled individual because you don't agree with my beliefs or because I don't agree with yours. Your tolerance argument is becoming weaker. While you "hate" me for disagreeing with you, here's my pledge: I will live what I believe. I will love the lost and the found alike because we are called to do so. I will not pretend to agree with you. I will practice the love of Christ towards you. I will pray earnestly for you and myself. I will pray that the Church display what we know to be right through love. I pray the same for you. Do not mistake this as agreement in your beliefs, or that I condone it. Instead, take this as a proclamation that I stand on my beliefs in Jesus, His Church, the Bible and family, unapologetically. Would you prefer I move aside and adopt your beliefs? Are you willing to do that for me? Call it what it is...a heart issue. No reason to bring chicken into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment