At some point, today I felt sad. Empty even. The gifts were done and I was certain I had disappointed at least one child because there wasn't enough Frozen memorabilia. As I've gotten older, presents and wrapping have done a poor job of satiating the feeling of longing I have for Christmas. That's because although we make Christmas about the gifts, tree and stockings, we miss the mark.
Today is a representation. It represents what my life should scream every day. A Child was born. This Child saved the world. He saved me. He saves me everyday. Don't get me wrong - I love the spirit of Christmas. But what are we doing to really celebrate what happened 2000 years ago? Our Savior - the Son of God - was born. To a virgin, in a barn, He came into the world in the dirtiest of places. To save the dirtiest of people. So that we can live. He is what I will continue to fill up on at Christmas. He satiates my every need. Thank God for Christmas and think God for Jesus. The reason for it all.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment