2.05.2013

Kids, Parents and The Lord Above

So I've been pretty retrospective lately. I have two great, albeit challenging kids at home that I am responsible for. I am tasked with knowing what's best for them. Feeding them and providing for them. Above all else, loving them just as my parents have done (and continue to do) for me and theirs before them. It's a cycle that we go through as parents.
I've noticed something. I for the most part know what's best for my kids. I put them first. Even when they don't ask. In fact, especially when they don't. I tell them what they shouldn't do and then what they should. I teach them the rules. I give them direction not so life isn't fun but because I want them to be safe and happy.
I tell them no. They disobey and often times it makes me mad. Really mad. Then they run to me and say "I'm sorry" through tears or smiles. Regardless I take them back. Because I said I would. Because I love them. They keep disobeying. I discipline and take them back. Another cycle.
I realize that this seems extremely elementary. It is. So is life. So is the cycle. Another realization I had is I'm no different. I'm a baby. I'm a toddler. Not in life or age of course but in my faith. God sees me in the same light as I do my kids. I disobey what He has clearly laid out for me to do. I ask Him to forgive me through tears or smiles. He takes me back. Thank goodness for this cycle. There is a difference. I am human and He is not. I am simple and not holy. He is the opposite. It amazes me still that He loves me infinitely more than I even love my own kids. I couldn't imagine loving them more, yet He does. I am a parent. I am a kid. He is love. I would give everything I have to make my kids happy and safe. He already has.

"And God demonstrates His own love for us in this. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment