I know a guy. He looks at life from a half empty perspective. His cup is running low. Bills, mortgage, kids, tough economy, car troubles, health concerns...the whole nine. Nothing gets better and he sees everyone else prospering. It frustrates this guy.
There's another guy I know that's the opposite. Same problems but he chooses to focus on the good. The beautiful family, the roof over his head, food to eat, one good car. This guy is one step away from getting the break he's seen everyone around him get. He's excited.
The first guy is me. These are my bad days. It's all I focus on because I can't get past the worldly problems. These are the days that my faith is weak.
The second guy? Well, that's me too. These are the good days. These are the days that I don't really notice (or at least decide not to dwell on) the rough patches that I can't change. These are the days that my faith is strong.
My struggle is getting these two guys to meet in the middle. I'm working on it. We will see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment