I'm sitting on the beach right now where I proposed to my wife. That was 5 years ago (in 6 days). I think back to how I felt that night. I was nervous, sweaty, clammy, and thought for sure I would lose heart. What if she said no? Man, that would've floored me. I would've been crushed. We walked out on the beach and were just standing under the stars. It was chilly with the ocean breeze. I can still feel it. I looked up, prayed silently to God while I held her. I turned her around and slid out the ring. You have to understand. I'm not good at this type of thing. She teared up, smiled and said yes. It was one of the top ten happiest moments I think I could ever experience. I was king of Holden Beach.
Now, I sit on this very same beach. I just ran a few miles and stopped at the very point on this beach where I felt that elated feeling. Here I sit 5 years later. That same nervous feeling. Sweaty and clammy, all the while constantly saying silent prayers to God. Now I'm praying for us in a different way. For her, for me and for our children. Now I'm looking for that same answer. A teary yes. I'm no longer king of Holden Beach. I pray for elation. I pray for that love again. I pray I don't lose heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment